Learning to play an instrument is a challenging and rewarding journey, commitment is required.
I Charge a flat rate of $110 a month for 4 half hour lessons, or 1 hour every other week lessons.
1. Advance Payment: All private music lessons are $110 a month for one 30-minute lesson per week, or two-60 minute lessons per month. You will generally receive 4 or 5 half our lessons per month depending on how many weeks there are in the given month. Payment is due by the 1st week of the month. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, certified check, Visa, and MasterCard. If a student has not paid monthly tuition in full prior to the start of lessons, no lesson will be given.
2. Scheduling: Consistency is needed when learning an instrument. Recurring weekly appointments are best, however I understand that flexibility is necessary at times. Students who need to float their lesson times (cannot commit to a weekly day and time slot): Still pay the monthly tuition of $110 Appointment scheduling is student’s responsibility. Appointments can be booked via my booking site. If all lessons are not scheduled, tuition will not be carried into the next month and unused lessons will be forfeited.
3. Skipped Lessons: There are no skipped lessons, tuition is paid monthly. If a student cannot come to their scheduled lesson (vacation etc.) advance notice is required and we can schedule a make up lesson or the lesson will be forfeited, there is no refund for skipped lessons.
4. Cancellations: At least 48 hours’ notice is required to cancel a scheduled lesson. The only exception is for extreme illness or family emergency; in which case students are asked to call as soon as they know they will be missing their scheduled lesson time. Schedule conflicts, working late, traffic, etc. are not eligible for makeup lessons unless communicated with at least 48 hours’ notice. If you need to cancel, be sure to rebook your lesson immediately as it is the student’s responsibly to schedule makeups.
5. Makeup Lessons: If 48 hours’ notice is provided, a make-up lesson will be scheduled at the earliest possible date. Makeup lessons must be booked within 30 days of cancellation. Be sure to rebook your lesson immediately as it is the student’s responsibly to schedule makeups. One makeup per quarter, October-December, January-March, April-June, July-September.
6. No-shows: If the student misses a lesson without calling (a “no-show”), or did not give 48 hours’ notice the student will forfeit that lesson and no make-up lesson will be scheduled. Any student who misses two consecutive lessons without calling (either before or after the missed lesson) will be assumed to have quit and will be dropped from my schedule.
7. Cancellation by instructor: Any scheduled lessons cancelled by me will be credited to you and a make-up lesson time will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience.
8. LATE for Lesson: Students more than 5 minutes late for their lesson will not get the full 30 minutes. Most lessons are scheduled back to back. Your lesson will end when it is time for the next student’s lesson to begin. If your lesson starts late because my schedule is running behind, you WILL get your full 30 minutes.
9. Refunds: If student decides to quit taking lessons in the middle of a 4-week lesson cycle, all remaining lessons will be forfeited. No refunds will be given.
10. Illness: if you were unable to go to school or work, please let me know before 10 AM and PLEASE- DO NOT come in for your lesson. We will schedule a makeup lesson for when you are feeling better. This will allow for me to adjust my schedule to accommodate other students for make up’s.
11. Snow Days: If school was cancelled, then lessons may be cancelled as well. In the case of a snowstorm, a make-up will be given. Call to confirm your time or schedule another day/time.
12. Rescheduling: If you need to reschedule, 48 hours notice is required. You can find open time slots and book your appointment through jimmymagsmusiclessons.com.
13. Discontinuation: Although you will be missed, I understand if you need to stop lessons. If you have come to this decision, please provide advance notice so that I can prepare someone else for the open time slot.
14. Holidays: There will be no lessons during the following holiday time periods and specific dates. Tuition will not be adjusted during these months just as tuition is not increased to reflect 5-week months. Students will average four 30-minute lessons or two 60-minute lessons per month throughout the year.
Jimmy Mags Music Lessons
321 Laxson Avenue, Manchester, New Hampshire 03103, United States